How does a business engineer uniqueness which, at the end of the day, ensures that prospects in your market see you as ‘the’ choice…vs ‘a’ choice.
The secret lies in the ‘Utility’ (or usefulness) in what you deliver to the marketplace.
And there are really only two things you need to do, to figure out where you can innovate / tweak to find that (oh so lucrative) wide open market space.
In the customer development template we give to our clients, we include 5 things to ask your prospective customers to help triangulate where the opportunities are:
1) The Result They’re After (The Core Of Your Value Proposition)
2) What’s Standing In Their Way (The Problems You Can Help Solve)
3) What They Do Now To Solve It (Your Competition)
4) What’s Lacking In That Current Solution (Where You Can Innovate)
5) Why That’s Important (What Related Results You Can...